Monday, November 8, 2010

Ohope Beach


Greetings from Ohope Beach!  The Bay of Plenty is stunning, beautiful beach (I think the book says it’s 13 kilometers long).  We’re camped at the Ohope Beach Top 10 holiday park, which is lovely.  The boys are in heaven because in addition to the normal fun (game room, trampolines, playground) it also has a beach volleyball court (aka sandbox) and a pool with 2 hydroslides. That’s just what’s at the holiday park, it’s also on the beach.  I love that New Zealand beaches rarely have any people on them, so it feels like you’ve got the whole place to yourself.  I posted on my Facebook status that our travel agenda was “pool and beach” which was perfect.  We never even got in the car.  For a road trip that’s covering a fair bit of ground days where you don’t drive at all a real treat.  I will confess that the swimming pool was freezing, but the boys braved it for a brief play.  Dan jumped in the ocean, which he declared to be at least 5 degrees warmer then the pool.  I got to take a walk along the beach in the afternoon, always a treat to get some solo exercise time in.  We finished the day off with Dan’s stellar pizza.   

No comments: