I keep dragging the family to different wineries through out New Zealand, but today we stumbled upon a real gem. Brick Bay Wines and Sculpture Trail calls itself “art & wine entwined” and in addition to the super modern glass house tasting room suspended over a small pond there’s a 2 kilometer sculpture trail. The trail leads past ponds, through forests and up and down several sets of stairs. Some sculptures are hidden in the natural environment, while others stand proudly on the side of the hill. Ben is fairly keen on sculptures and really enjoyed the treasure hunt experience through the amazing gardens, constantly checking his map to see where we were on the path. Dan and Josh stayed behind and Dan took a glass of their red wine to the sand box next to the playground. When we finished the sculpture tour I did a wine tasting and had a lovely chat with the woman working, as we happened to be the only people there at the time. It was another fabulous winery experience, if you are every outside of Warkworth I would definitely say go check it out. They say that the sculptures change fairly often (as they are all for sale), so it would be something you could go back and revisit more then once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I love that wooden path! So beautiful!
what an awesome experience! it would be a fun place to go many times, no doubt!!! :D
Post a Comment