Monday, November 22, 2010

Matheson Bay






Here are a few photos from our lovely stay at our friend Scott's family bach in Matheson Bay.  We pitched our tent on the deck, because one of the bedrooms was inside and the other one was outside, so we "camped" at the bach.  I love that the bach had the classic Kiwi feel to it, toilet out in the backyard, small cozy rooms cluttered with dusty books and dated magazines, cans and supplies on the shelves (some of them of them rather old, i.e. the Marmite jar the expired in 2001).  But the bach was a 5 minute walk to the beach with a fabulous ocean view in a quiet little area.  For traveling fools like ourselves, we really enjoyed having a base spot for a few days while we explored the Warkworth area.  The photos of Dan and the beer are from his tasting kit from the Sawmill Brewery in Leigh.  I liked that when I told the owner that since I keep dragging the family to wineries that I should let Dan take in a brewery and she replied, "yeah I think about 10 wineries to 1 brewery should be about the ratio."  While in Matheson Bay we went to the beach, the Farmer's Market, the Warkworth Museum, the public library, a few small walks...  I read an entire book...  Perfect!

No comments: