Thursday, November 19, 2009

Erin & Dan, Routeburn Track













Dan and I spent two nights at the Kinloch Lodge enjoying a rare getaway without the children. Our trip had all the right ingredients; plenty of fresh air, a beautiful hike up one of New Zealand's Great Walks (the Routeburn Track), dinner in a nice restaurant, a soak in a hot tub with a view and the joy of no schedule. I know it's hard to make these little get aways happen, but I hope we don't have to wait another 3 years for the next one!

1 comment:

Megan Bruschke said...

sounds dreamy! Coming from one who just got a get away of my own - I know how important they are! I told Brian that it was so fun to be with him and feel like I actually had time to be myself and focus on him without having to make food, clean house, help the kids etc. etc. So glad you got to go! And what a beautiful place!