
After having a delightful month off from most my domestic duties, reality came crashing down this morning in the form of a to do list the length of the piece of paper. It was a genuine treat to have my mother here to help and we certainly took full advantage of her on a daily and hourly basis. Now she's gone and I realized that I alone was going to have to deal with the daily mess, the dinner and entertaining of the children. But, I'm proud to say that not only did I manage to get most of my to do's done, I even managed to get dinner on the table at 4:55 without going to the grocery store. My supermom skills have returned, I might be a bit rusty, but at the end of the day things got done, the house looked okay and there weren't too many meltdowns. We'll see if we manage to put away the 3 loads of laundry I folded today.... that might be asking too much.

No comments:
Post a Comment