I have to let go how "behind" I am on the family blog, the trips, the every day moments, the Campground... it all exists, but it's not documented here. I was thinking of the posts that I've written about the boys' birthdays over the years, a brief snapshot of where they are at that time in their life. So with this recent photo of me by my friend Lenka I thought I should share where I am, at this moment in time.
- After 6 plus years of working at the desk at the Outside Inn 1/2 the week, I gave up my office hours and no longer have scheduled hours at the motel.
- While my work load hasn't decreased, I'm looking at 2017 as a year to help grow both businesses and really want to be able to step back from some of the day to day operation and focus my energy on big picture projects.
- I started a small side business of social media business coaching and am teaching another class about Instagram at the end of the month.
- I still teach a monthly card class to a fabulous group of ladies who inspire and encourage me (and I love that the group ranges in age from 7-70) and I make greeting cards in the wee hours of the morning when most of the world is sleeping.
- I am loyal to my workout buddies at 6am Monday-Friday.
- My word of the year is breathe.
- My current goal is to stop working 7 days a week.
- I'm in awe of the milestones this year will bring, 15 years of marriage, 1st birthday for the Inn Town Campground, Ben's 12th birthday and Dan and I both turning 40.
- I'm off on a solo campout this week, last year I slept in a tent by myself for the first time in my adult life (and once I did it once, I ended up sleeping in the tent by myself on several occasions), but this week I'm going on a solo overnight in the van.
- I still can't hear and accept that my hearing issues influence many aspects of my world.
- I still find joy in taking photos and while I tend to take mostly photos for work, on occasion I capture the family, but it is nice to have had someone take a photo of me.


No comments:
Post a Comment