So in my previous life as a stay at home mom we did all sorts of baking in the kitchen. In my current role as a working stiff, who takes lots of photos and is trying very hard to fully embrace Dan's agenda of as few processed foods as possible and reducing the number of foods we eat w/ ingredients we can't pronounce, I spend a bit more time in the kitchen, but it always seems to have a purpose, less about time with the boys and making yummy treats. So this morning Ben declares, "Let's have pancakes for breakfast." So I put him to work and he did the whole process, thanks to the Joy of Cooking. The photo of Josh shows his role in the process- smiling goofball.
So the pancakes were a hit, so after I got home from work the boys declared, "Let's make cookies." After a few cookbook options and a receipes with ingredients we didn't have, I found a receipe in the Paleo Cookbook "Mocha Bacon Brownies". Turns out they were flourless (not that we've removed gluten from our diet), but the bacon and coffee ingredients had me, and Ben was more interested in the chocolate. The photo below shows what happens when you stiry with gutso after sifting cocoa powder into a bowl.
And finally here's Josh holding a sample (Peg, notice your china!). What a delightful day of culinary adventures. (The rest of my day's menu included: green juice, left over chili with corn bread and fajitas for dinner). So there you go, Day #30 of a photo a day and I'm still having trouble posting just one photo.






No comments:
Post a Comment