Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New House



Classic Erin & Dan style, we've bought a new house.  We didn't want to broadcast the news till the deal was done, because it was one of those blink and you missed it sales and we were sorta afraid if word got out that we'd just bought the fixer-uper on the street that others would wonder how we managed to score the deal of the month.  But the deal has closed, so I'm happy to report that our family has bought a new house, just 2 doors down from our current one.  My commute (on foot) to the Outside Inn will go from 30 seconds to 27 seconds.  My mother is beyond excited, because we're staying close (and by close I mean we are living a mere 4 doors away).  Dan's excited because he's getting a man cave and a 2 car garage.  I'm excited because I'm getting a craft room (which will double as a guest room if anyone wants to come visit) and the boys are excited because they'll have a nice big bedroom and plenty of space for all their toys.  Work has officially begun, today.  We are hoping to have the remodeling projects done by spring and move in sometime in May.  I'm excited to share some before and after shots, so watch this space!

2 comments:

Megan Bruschke said...

CONGRATS! It is so cute! Living in Nevada City seems such a dream! I am thrilled for you all and hope that you have so much fun remodeling and making it your dream! Can't wait to see more pics!

SurfingNoah said...

Neat-O!