Monday, February 25, 2019

Key Summit, Routebourn Track


I'd love to say I'll blog our time in New Zealand, but almost always I get overwhelmed with where to start, what to include.  But what's funny is that so far on this trip we've had numerous conversations trying to remember things, "Did we go to Milford Sound with Josh?  Where did we stay when we took our big trip and came this way?  Have we been to this beach before and why?"  So part of me is thinking if I take the time to write down what we did on this trip, now, in 10 years time when we can't remember what we did on which trip, I'll be able to reference this... (I still can't remember when we last did Milford Sound, but I think I was pregnant with Josh).

So, to start... a week into our adventure... today we had the chance to hike part of the Routeburn Track outside of Te Anau on the way to Milford Sound.  The hike up from the Divide gives you a chance to hike up to the Key Summit, this amazingly picturesque spot, which was well worth the adventure (even if it's a popular hike with lots of other people).  We were lucky with with weather, a little breezy, not too many sandflies.

We're excited to hike part of the Routeburn Track on the other side later this week... so more picturesque photos coming.  






No comments: