The birthday crew (and Nora) at Alpine Meadows. Josh turned 7 today and his toothless grin was smiling ear to ear as he spent the day telling us where he was going to ski and at the end of the day said his legs were a bit tired. Happy Birthday Megan! Josh dragged Grandpa over to F tree, took some laps on South Face and Sherwood Face, decided that now that he was 7 he needed to tick High Beaver off his list and after he managed to make it over the cornice and live to tell the tale he decided that "was the scariest thing I've ever done, I don't want to do that again." I went looking for some early photos, click here to see the photos of Josh from his first 24 hours in this world. Oh how times has gone (1st birthday, 2nd birthday, 3rd birthday, 4th birthday, 5th birthday, 6th birthday). His favorite birthday present was his new bow and arrow and he's excited to put together his My Monopoly set and go ice skating at Squaw. All in all I think he's a pretty happy kid and while Megan, Dan and I were slightly traumatized by Josh going down High Beaver, he held his calm under pressure (even with shaking legs). He also decided that since it was his birthday he was going to get as many snuggles as he wants, so he asked for hugs all day. Gotta love this little guy.
The birthday Beaver run, at the top...

3 comments:
What a great celebration!!
Amazing! Way to go Josh!
Looks like a perfect day!
Post a Comment