I tend to stay fairly on top of my Outside Inn blog photos, they're edited, organized and usually have a purpose. Whereas the family photos are just small glimpses of life, that don't always have a end goal and I know that if I don't share them and some of their context, they'll get lost. So the photo above is from a family picnic with s'mores for dessert.
We had a heat wave last week and got into pool season. My favorite tid bit was the conversation Josh had with my mom about the ice cream (b/c she has somehow decided that after swimming they always get ice cream, but because it's early days she didn't actually have any in her freezer). So Josh says, "Nana, we're coming over to go swimming, did you get any ice cream?" "No." To which Josh replies with complete seriousness, "Well you can go get some at the store." I love that fact that while he was being rude, he saw the problem, saw the solution and didn't realize that demanding that someone go out for ice cream at that minute was something that isn't socially acceptable.
Homework. Josh was working on some math problems in these photos. He's definitely got a little math brain, amazing to see him work through problems.
Camp Augusta. Dan's in Colorado this week and Ben left him a voice mail that went something like this, "Hi Dad, we're going to Camp Augusta and we're very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very excited." I caught Josh's second swing on the pendulum swing and his little eyes when he dropped looked like they were going to pop out of his head, that look of sheer terror and excitement at the same time.
Playing Sorry at the breakfast table this morning. The part that I like best about this photo is that the boys are sharing one chair.
Ben dressed for his field trip to Malakoff Diggins in a leather shirt that was originally Dan's dad's.
And the last photo is a collage put together of some of my local photos for an upcoming photography show I'm doing here in town. Wish me luck!









1 comment:
When you take pictures that amazing, you don't need luck! :-) You already know that I am a big fan of your photography!
I've been out of the loop for a while but loved catching up on your blog! Such a cute family and fun life!
Post a Comment