Saturday, August 31, 2013

Homeschooling, August 2013


The last day of August... and what do we have to show for our summer?  While school doesn't start in the class room till Tuesday for the boys, we've been busy doing some homeschool projects over the last 10 days.  So here are the many faces of homeschool.  Josh, top left, baking in the kitchen- I love when I asked him to get out 3 eggs from the egg carton he replied, "But mom we have 11." The top right is part of social studies restaurant blog review, bottom right is Josh drinking a healthy green juice, which he loved (and even helped pick the apples for the juice).  And the bottom left is Josh, with a happy face, working on some writing.


The many faces of Ben and his schooling, I wish I could say that every lesson at home went beautiful, but there have been a few meltdowns along the way.  But, I'm so touched to say that Ben has become engrossed in the Origami Yoda books and has read 3 of them cover to cover in the last fews days.  The photo in the middle was part of the baking lesson and the photo on the right is a trip to the local radio station, where Ben joined me so I could record an ad for the Chamber of Commerce.

No comments: