One of the highlights of our trip was a 2 day kayak trip in the Okavango Delta. It's hard to get a grasp of how large the delta is from the ground level, but it is the world's largest delta and covers an area of 250 kilometers by 150 kilometers and has up to 11 cubic kilometers of water (wow). We covered a small sliver of the area, first by being taken upstream in a motor boat and then paddling our way downstream in a kayak.
Here's where we stopped for lunch. Our trip was through Kayaktive Adventure Safaris. I liked the safety briefing from John before we started, "I'll go in front, if we have any issues that's usually where they are. If we spot a croc or a hippo I will raise my paddle and the motor boat will go between me and the hippo before you proceed."
After our day's worth of kayaking we went out on the motor boat to do some fishing.
And then we all slept under the African stars in our tents.








No comments:
Post a Comment