

Ben and I are half way through our Tuesday afternoons just the two of us and yesterday gave me a very valuable reminder about quality time. We had had a day with many meltdowns, both children falling apart over what I would consider fairly trival things. After we dropped Josh off at preschool Ben and I went to the local climbing wall together. While we were leaving we were talking about where we could go for a hot chocolate and we decided that we'd go home so we could do the art project from the library book. Ben was so precious and graceful and appreciative of my time. It only took 45 minutes of my undivided attention to get the wonderful child that I know and love back. Note to self- when it's all falling apart, spend more one on one time with the child.
1 comment:
Oh, how true, Erin! Sometimes quality time seems easier said than done, but it is always worth the effort! I love those moments that remind me how truly wonderful my children are and how grateful I am to be a mom!
Post a Comment