Wednesday, September 30, 2009

30 days of yoga

I decided, on the last day of August, that I wanted to make a goal of doing yoga every single day for the entire month of September. I was realistic and made the goal respectable- a mere 15 minutes every day would be sufficient. 30 days later and I've only got 2 excuses, one of them was a wine induced headache that wouldn't go away and the other was a child throwing up (a short 3 minutes into my yoga practice that day- needless to say I didn't make it back to the yoga mat). I will admit that there were a few days where Dan and I did some relaxation yoga before going to bed, which was probably more breathing and relaxing then stretching or working out, but I pulled out the yoga mat and dedicated at least 15 minutes to the cause. The biggest gift of the exercise has been how enthusiastic the boys have been about participating. Ben started his day off today asking if we could do some yoga. Josh yells "'oooga"' and sticks his arms in the air. He likes to do downward dog with a toy in his hand and often rests his head on the floor because his arms aren't long enough. Ben loves making up the names of new poses, through the month we've done the Monster Truck Pose, the Triceratops pose, the Transformer pose, to name a few.



No comments: