Dan spent the last 9 days on a Leadership Outward Bound course here in New Zealand. In the last week I've learned a few key survival skills on how to manage a household and two small children on my own.
- The housework will never go away, so stop stressing about it (I still stressed about it, but on more then one night I left everything a mess and just went to bed)
- Exercise will keep you sane, be creative if you're stuck inside w/ sick children on a rainy day (I rode the bike on the wind trainer two mornings)
- Accept all social invitations, especially those that involve food or alcohol (we went to 3 birthday parties, several play dates, a coffee date and 2 dinner dates)
- Hire a babysitter to do at least on thing for you (I went to my Latin Dance class and learned that someone else really could put Josh to bed)
- Accept that things aren't going to go as planned (Ben got an ear infection and everything fell apart)
- Make a list of things that you're thankful for and spend at least several minutes every night watching your children peaceful sleep (this is probably the best way to help forgive whatever behavior they're going to throw you later in the night, i.e. Josh screaming for two straight hours)
No comments:
Post a Comment