Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Kitchen Wonders


Ben and I have been playing in the kitchen lately. I was given a copy of the cookbook "Deceptively Delicious"" by Jessica Seinfield as a birthday present from our friend Wes. Ben has taken to the book so much that we're on a mission to make as many of the recipes as possible. Today's task was french toast (with the hidden ingredient of sweet potato and flaxmeal). Everyone in the family liked the brownies (with the hidden ingredients of spinach and sweet potato). The photo above is a rare opportunity for Josh to play in the "helping spot". His eating has taken off as well- I've just discovered that he likes the Kiwi stable of roast chicken and vegs (potatoes, carrots, pumpkin and kumara). Now if only we could get Ben to eat a dinner like that! I guess the trick will be to hide it a loaf of banana bread or something like that.

No comments: